Spotted Gum Timber Floors
Spotted Gum Flooring Perth Specialists
Spotted Gum is one of the most popular Australian timber species among all of the Australian hardwood flooring options. Its wavy grain and mix of light brown tones produce an attractive blend of Australian timber tones and features.
|Width:||130MM – 180MM|
|Length:||1820 – 2100MM|
Not sure how to choose a timber floor?
Download our Buyer's Guide to understand the most important questions, that help you discover the perfect floor for your home.
Lifewood’s Spotted Gum Flooring – Three Layers 100% Same Wood
Come to visit our showroom in Osborne Park, walk on our whole collection, feel and touch it for yourself. Discover the perfect match for your home style.
STABILISED SOLID TECHNOLOGY
100% Spotted Gum timber from top to bottom 3 layers
Our patented design combines the look and feel of solid spotted gum timber with the strength and stability of engineered flooring.
FLOOR OF THE WEEK
Explore premium Perth homes installed with Lifewood Spotted Gum floors.
Explore our hardwood flooring collections
Frequently Asked Questions about Lifewood Timber Flooring.
WHERE DOES THE PRODUCT COME FROM？
From ethically sourcing all our logs, to production quality assurance in our factories in Vietnam and Indonesia, we control and can guarantee that every stage of the Lifewood manufacturing process is ethical and sustainable.
Learn more about how we changed our business structure in order to guarantee our ethical approach and remove our product entirely from China.
IS YOUR FLOOR SOLID TIMBER OR ENGINEERED?
Lifewood Spotted Gum floorboards are a mixture of both thanks to our patented Stabilised Solid manufacturing structure.
Our boards are engineered using solid timber on all 3 layers of the board. This enables us to use the most beautiful part of the timber as the surface layer and the less attractive pieces as the bottom layers. We’re able to utalise a lot more of the tree with this method.
The middle layer of the board is cross-engineered at a right angle and functions as the core layer of the board. This cross-layering gives the core the ability to yield to the natural movement of its environment, and yet hold this movement entirely within its core, so it does not affect the top and bottom layers of the floorboard. This detailed, extensive part of the process is precise and quality controlled with great attention.
HOW DURABLE IS THE FLOOR?
All Lifewood floors are pre-finished timber boards which come with 9 layers of Polyurethane protective coating, applied to all 6 sides of each board. This makes the floor highly resistant to spillage and day to day surface wear.
This advanced coating makes the floor suitable for active households and is pet-friendly. Commonly, most surface scratches will just mark the coating and not penetrate the wooden surface. These scratches can be easily covered with a textile marker which we give to all our clients.
HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE FLOOR?
We will always suggest to direct stick a Lifewood floor.
Direct stick is a method of installation where the floor boards are glued directly to the sub floor using timber floor adhesives.
The advantages of this way of installation are that you can sand and polish the floor more times giving your floor a much longer lifetime, plus it eliminates hollow echo from under the boards.
Discover the cost of your new Spotted Gum floor, fully installed.
Transform your home in days.
We supply across Australia
Spotted Gum Timber Flooring FAQ
What is Spotted Gum flooring?
Spotted gum flooring is a hardwood flooring made from the native Australian spotted gum tree. Spotted gum is one of the most popular choices for hardwood flooring because of its durability, strength, and attractive appearance. The wood has a distinctive grain pattern with colours ranging from light brown to dark red-brown. It may have small spots or gum veins which give the timber its name. Spotted gum flooring is commonly used in residential and commercial settings and can be finished in various styles, from natural to stained and polished.
Why do people choose spotted gum flooring?
spotted gum is a great choice for anyone who wants a durable, attractive, and sustainable hardwood flooring option. There are several benefits to using spotted gum flooring in your home. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Durability: Spotted gum is a very hard and durable hardwood, which makes it a great choice for flooring in high-traffic areas.
- Attractive appearance: Spotted gum has a beautiful and unique grain pattern with a range of colours from light to dark. This makes it a popular choice for homeowners and designers who want a natural and distinctive look.
- Low maintenance: Spotted gum flooring is relatively easy to maintain and requires only regular sweeping or vacuuming to keep it looking its best. It can also be polished to restore its shine.
- Resistance to pests and decay: Spotted gum is naturally resistant to termites and decay, which makes it a long-lasting and low-maintenance flooring option.
- Sustainability: Spotted gum is a sustainable choice for flooring, as it is sourced from responsibly managed forests and plantations in Australia. It is also a renewable resource, as the trees can be replanted and harvested again in the future.
- Additionally, because spotted gum is a hardwood, it is naturally more resistant to wear and tear than softwoods like pine or fir. It can withstand heavy foot traffic, spills, and other sources of wear and tear without becoming damaged or worn out. With proper maintenance, spotted gum flooring can last for many years without replacement.
How to clean spotted gum timber floors?
To keep your spotted gum timber floor looking their best, you need to clean them regularly. Here are some care tips you can follow to maintain spotted gum floors:
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove any dirt or debris. Use a soft-bristled brush or vacuum attachment to avoid scratching the floor.
- Use a damp mop or cloth to clean the floor. And make sure the mop or cloth is only damp, not wet, as excess water can damage the timber.
- Dry the floor thoroughly with a clean, dry cloth or mop. Avoid letting the floor air dry to avoid water spots or streaks.
- Use a specialized timber floor cleaner to clean stubborn stains or marks. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and test the cleaner in an inconspicuous area before the cleaning.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners, scouring pads, or steel wool on your spotted gum timber floors, as these can scratch or damage the surface.
- Consider applying a protective finish or sealer to your spotted gum floors to help protect them from wear and tear.