Marri Timber Flooring
The unique Marri timber springs to life in your home, brimming with nature’s texture and personality. Predominately a light blond-coloured timber, Marri has distinctive black gum veins interwoven throughout the Marri floorboards.
Marri timber flooring is the perfect backdrop for an array of interior design styles from a look to a rustic homely feel, and even contemporary-styled homes.
|Width:||130MM – 180MM|
|Length:||1820 – 2100MM|
Not sure how to choose a timber floor?
Download our Buyer's Guide to understand the most important questions, that help you discover the perfect floor for your home.
Premium Marri Timber Flooring Gallery
Walk on our whole collection at our Osborne Park showroom, feel and touch it for yourself, and see the best Marri timber floors Perth has to offer at Lifewood.
STABILISED SOLID TECHNOLOGY
Three Layers 100% Marri timber from top to bottom
Our patented design combines the look and feel of solid marri timber with the strength and stability of engineered flooring.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lifewood Timber Flooring
WHERE DOES THE PRODUCT COME FROM?
We’re proud to say that Lifewood is the only company in Australia that controls the whole manufacturing process of its product.
From ethically sourcing all our logs, to production quality assurance in our factories in Vietnam and Indonesia, we control and can guarantee that every stage of the Lifewood manufacturing process is ethical and sustainable.
Learn more about how we changed our business structure in order to guarantee our ethical approach and remove our product entirely from China.
IS YOUR FLOOR SOLID TIMBER OR ENGINEERED?
Lifewood flooring is a mixture of both thanks to our patented Stabilised Solid manufacturing structure.
Our boards are engineered using solid timber on all 3 layers of the board. This enables us to use the most beautiful part of the timber as the surface layer and the less attractive pieces as the bottom layers. We’re able to utalise a lot more of the tree with this method.
The middle layer of the board is cross-engineered at a right angle and functions as the core layer of the board. This cross-layering gives the core the ability to yield to the natural movement of its environment, and yet hold this movement entirely within its core, so it does not affect the top and bottom layers of the floorboard. This detailed, extensive part of the process is precise and quality controlled with great attention.
HOW DURABLE IS THE FLOOR?
All Lifewood floors are pre-finished timber boards which come with 9 layers of Polyurethane protective coating, applied to all 6 sides of each board. This makes the floor highly resistant to spillage and day to day surface wear.
This advanced coating makes the floor suitable for active households and is pet-friendly. Commonly, most surface scratches will just mark the coating and not penetrate the wooden surface. These scratches can be easily covered with a textile marker which we give to all our clients.
HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE FLOOR?
We will always suggest to direct stick a Lifewood floor.
Direct stick is a method of installation where the floor boards are glued directly to the sub floor using timber floor adhesives.
The advantages of this way of installation are that you can sand and polish the floor more times giving your floor a much longer lifetime, plus it eliminates hollow echo from under the boards.
FLOOR OF THE WEEK
Explore Perth homes installed with Lifewood Marri timber floors
Discover the cost of your new Marri floor, fully installed.
Transform your home in days.
We supply across Australia
Marri Timber Flooring FAQ
What is Marri timber flooring?
Marri timber flooring refers to flooring made from Marri timber, which is a type of hardwood native to Western Australia. Marri (Corymbia calophylla) is a large eucalyptus tree species known for its distinctive and visually appealing features. The timber derived from Marri trees is highly regarded for its beauty, durability, and versatility.
Marri timber flooring typically showcases a range of colors with variations in grain patterns. This natural variation in color and grain adds character and uniqueness to each piece of Marri timber flooring. Marri is popular in Australia due to its aesthetic appeal and durability. It is commonly used in residential and commercial applications, providing a warm and inviting ambiance to any space. It is known for its strength and resilience, making it suitable for everyday wear and tear. When properly maintained, Marri timber flooring can last for many years. Additionally, Marri timber flooring can be sanded and refinished if needed, allowing it to retain its beauty and extend its lifespan.
It’s important to note that Marri timber flooring is primarily sourced from sustainably managed plantations or harvested from fallen trees, ensuring the preservation of the environment and the responsible use of natural resources.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Resistant to scratches, dents, and warping
- Hardwood with a Janka rating of 7.1
- Unique and eye-catching appearance
- Can add value to any home
- Can be expensive
- WA native tree that can be difficult to find
- Requires regular maintenance
- Can be susceptible to staining
What are the benefits of Marri timber flooring?
Marri timber flooring offers several benefits that contribute to its popularity among homeowners and commercial spaces in Australia. Here are some key advantages of Marri timber flooring:
- 1) Natural Beauty: Marri timber flooring showcases the natural beauty of the WA timber, with its unique grain patterns, rich colors, and warm tones. It adds a touch of elegance and warmth to any interior space, creating a visually appealing atmosphere.
- 2) Durability: Marri Timber is known for its durability and strength. It is a hardwood species that can withstand daily wear and tear, making it suitable for high-traffic areas in both residential and commercial settings.
- 3) Versatility: Marri timber flooring can complement various interior design styles ranging from traditional to contemporary. Its natural variations in color and grain make each flooring unique, allowing for a personalized and distinctive look.
- 5) Environmental Sustainability: Marri timber flooring can be sourced from sustainably managed plantations or fallen trees. Choosing responsibly sourced Marri timber supports environmentally friendly practices and reduces the impact on natural resources.
- 6) Warmth and Comfort: Marri timber has excellent thermal properties, providing a warm and comfortable underfoot feel. It retains heat during colder months and remains cool in warmer seasons, enhancing the overall comfort of a space.
- 7) Easy to Maintain: Marri timber flooring is relatively easy to clean and maintain. Regular sweeping or vacuuming, along with occasional damp mopping using recommended cleaning products, is typically sufficient to keep it in good condition.
- 8) Allergen-Friendly: Unlike carpets, Marri timber flooring does not trap dust, pollen, or other allergens, making it a suitable choice for individuals with allergies or respiratory sensitivities.
- 9) Timeless Appeal: Marri timber flooring has a timeless and classic appeal that can endure changing interior design trends. It offers long-lasting beauty and can enhance the value of a property.
li>4) Longevity: With proper care and maintenance, Marri timber flooring can last many years. It is resistant to dents and scratches and can be sanded and refinished when necessary, helping to restore its original beauty and extend its lifespan.
These benefits make Marri timber flooring a popular choice for those seeking a durable, visually appealing, and sustainable flooring option for their homes or businesses.
How does Marri timber flooring compare to other hardwood flooring options?
Here’s a comparison between Marri timber flooring and other hardwood flooring options:
- 1) Durability: Marri timber flooring is known for its durability. It is a hardwood species that can withstand daily wear and tear, making it suitable for high-traffic areas. However, the specific durability of Marri timber can vary depending on the specific wood grade and the quality of the installation.
- 2) Appearance: Marri timber flooring is highly regarded for its natural beauty. It features unique grain patterns and a range of colors, from pale yellow to deep reddish-brown tones. Other hardwood flooring options, such as Oak, Jarrah, or Blackbutt, also offer distinct appearances with their grain patterns and color variations. The choice of hardwood flooring ultimately comes down to personal preference and the desired aesthetic in your space.
- 3) Maintenance: Hardwood flooring generally requires regular maintenance to keep it in good condition. This typically involves sweeping or vacuuming to remove dust and debris, and occasionally damp mopping with recommended cleaning products. Marri timber flooring falls within this category and requires similar maintenance practices as other hardwood flooring options.
- 4) Stability: The stability of hardwood flooring can vary among different species. Marri timber flooring tends to have good dimensional stability, meaning it is less prone to expansion and contraction with changes in temperature and humidity compared to some other hardwood species. This can be an advantage in regions with fluctuating climates.
- 5) Suitability for Moisture-Prone Areas: Hardwood flooring, including Marri timber flooring, is generally not recommended for areas with high moisture levels, such as bathrooms or kitchens. Exposure to excessive moisture can lead to swelling, warping, or damage to the flooring. In these areas, it is often advisable to consider alternative flooring options like tiles or vinyl that are more resistant to moisture.
- 6) Availability and Cost: The availability and cost of different hardwood flooring options can vary based on factors such as timber species, sourcing, and region. Marri timber flooring is popular in Western Australia, where the Marri tree is native. The availability and cost of Marri timber flooring may differ depending on your location and the availability of local suppliers.
Ultimately, the choice between Marri timber flooring and other hardwood flooring options depends on personal preferences, the desired aesthetic, the budget, and the specific requirements of your space. You can consult with Lifewood professionals for further guidance.